A tour of Universal Studios Japan
Universal Studios Japan is divided into 10 themed zones. These include:
- New York, where you can web sling with Spider-Man.
- Minion Park, where you can cook up mischief with your favorite yellow minions.
- San Francisco, where you can relive the movie Backdraft.
- Jurassic Park, where you can tangle with ancient giants, including the Flying Dinosaur ride.
- Waterworld, where you can enjoy an aquatic show based on the film.
- Amity Village, home to the famous and frightening Jaws ride.
- Universal Wonderland, a haven for the youngest children, with characters like Snoopy and Big Bird.
- Hollywood, a shopping and dining area with additional roller coasters.
Two of the newest areas of the park are also among the most popular:
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which brings locations from J.K Rowling’s magical world to life. You can tour Hogwarts Castle and the Black Lake, and enjoy a butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks in snowy Hogsmeade Village. You’ll also see iconic props from the franchise wherever you look, from the Hogwarts Express train to Ron’s flying car from The Chamber of Secrets.
- Super Nintendo World, a colorful and interactive wonderland dedicated to the iconic characters and games from Nintendo’s popular gaming universe. You can visit iconic locations such as Bowser’s castle, take a ride on the ‘Yoshi’s Adventures’ attraction and, and meet Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach in person.
Ticket types and prices
Universal Studios Japan offers the following ticket options:
- 1-day adult pass, 8,600 yen
- 1-day child pass, 5,600 yen
- 1-day senior pass, 7,700 yen
(Prices correct as of March 2023)
Children’s tickets are available up to 12 years of age, and senior offerings begin at 65 years of age. Tickets can be purchased in advance through a number of websites, saving you the time of standing in line after you arrive at the park.
Hours vary by season, but normally include the hours of 8.30 / 9:30 am to 7:00 / 9:00 pm. During weekends or public holidays, opening hours may be extended.