All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.
Children age 11 and under do not require COVID-19 vaccination to cruise. However, kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. If you are cruising with an unvaccinated child, there are some specific health protocols you will need to be aware of.
Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This is per U.S. CDC guidance, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest’s resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine.
Royal Caribbean will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age.
All crew onboard the ship and at our private destinations are fully vaccinated and receive a booster dose as they become eligible.
All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing
Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet boarding requirements in line with U.S. CDC guidance.
- Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
- Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.
- Unvaccinated kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
- Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
CVS Minute Clinic Covid Testing
Need to schedule 2 weeks before testing on CVS Minute Clinic website.
Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.
Vaccinated guests: If you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you need to take the test no more than 2 days before, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You could also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — of course, we don’t recommend waiting until the last minute.
If you are setting sail on a Sunday, and you need to take the test no more than 2 days before, you can take your test on Friday or Saturday. You could also take it on Sunday morning if necessary — of course, we don’t recommend waiting until the last minute.
Telehealth Testing for Cruises Departing from U.S. Ports, Puerto Rico and Canada
For fully vaccinated guests as young as 5, we accept self-administered COVID-19 tests taken under live video supervision.
Telehealth self-tests taken at home must meet these requirements:
- Per U.S. CDC guidance, only vaccinated guests may present self-administered telehealth COVID-19 test results at the terminal to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement.
- The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA.
- The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative.
- The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information.
- International guests sailing from the U.S. are able to complete their testing using telehealth test kits, providing the kit has been authorized for use by the U.S. FDA. Telehealth test kits obtained internationally that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted. International guests can arrange to have F.D.A.-approved test kits shipped to the U.S. address where they’ll be staying before their cruise and complete their test prior to departing for the cruise terminal using a U.S. PayPal address to complete the purchase.
Order Your At-Home Test Kit
Royal Caribbean guests that are fully vaccinated can now order at-home antigen test kits, shipped right to your door anywhere in the U.S. Complete your pre-cruise test at home, with live video supervised by an eMed Certified Guide. Get your results in 15 minutes. The tests are available in a pack of two for $69.99 or a pack of three for $99.99, which includes the test kits, and live virtual visit. ORDER NOW
These telehealth test kits cannot be shipped internationally. However, they are able to be shipped to all U.S. addresses, such as a hotel or other pre-cruise accommodation. International guests can contact the hotel where you will be staying to arrange receipt and storage of your test kit ahead of travel. You can then complete your testing requirement upon arriving in the U.S. and before boarding your cruise. Note that tests kits obtained internationally that have not been authorized for use by the U.S. FDA will not be accepted.
Travel Documents Checklist
You’ll need to have the following documents when you arrive to board the ship.
- A Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is strongly recommended. U.S. citizens that do not have a passport may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a “baby feet” hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests age 16 and older that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver’s License or picture ID issued by the government. International guests will need a passport book, valid for at least six months after your cruise.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with the final dose of your vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. This is a requirement for all guests age 12 and older. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been fully vaccinated may present proof of vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests.
- COVID-19 Test Result: See details in the Testing Requirement section above.
- Health Questionnaire to be completed on our Royal Caribbean App the day before you board.
Onboard the Ship
Masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests. We expect unvaccinated children to continue wearing masks indoors and in crowded settings. Masks are required for all children age 2 and older while at the Adventure Ocean youth program. Guests under 2 do not have to wear a mask at any time.