CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED®
100,000 BONUS POINTS
after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
- 2x POINTS ON DINING
AT RESTAURANTS WORLDWIDEincluding eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out.*
- 2x POINTS ON TRAVEL WORLDWIDEfrom airfare and hotels to taxis and trains.*
- POINTS ARE WORTH 25% MOREwhen you redeem for travel. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 in value.*
- WITH PAY YOURSELF BACKSMService Mark,your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.*
- COMPLIMENTARY DASHPASS SUBSCRIPTION FROM DOORDASHGet unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees from thousands of restaurants for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service.* Activate by 12/31/2021.
- EARN UP TO $60 BACK ON A PELOTON MEMBERSHIPGet up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Memberships through 12/31/2021, including full access to their workout library in the Peloton app.* Take cardio, running, strength, yoga, and other classes using a phone, tablet, or TV—and no fitness equipment is required.
- 5x POINTS ON LYFT RIDESEarn a total of 5x points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel.*
- $95 ANNUAL FEE†
BOTH SAPPHIRE CARDS COME WITH
AMAZING BUILT-IN FEATURES
1 POINT PER $1 SPENT ON ALL OTHER PURCHASES*,
ELIGIBLE CARDMEMBERS CAN BREAK UP CARD PURCHASES OF $100 OR MORE INTO FIXED MONTHLY PAYMENTS WITH MY CHASE PLAN®
No interest, just a fixed monthly fee.
1:1 POINT TRANSFER TO
LEADING AIRLINE AND HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAMSOPENS OVERLAY
NO BLACKOUT DATES OR TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
As long as there’s a seat on the flight,
you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
$0 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES†
VIP ACCESS TO EVENTS AND EXPERIENCES
24/7 ACCESS TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST FROM VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
BENEFITS FOR ADDED PEACE OF MIND
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection
Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering a massive 100,000-point bonus, but is it worth the $95 annual fee?
If you’re planning future travel, it’s a good idea to pay with a card that provides rewards and protections on flights, hotels and car rentals. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a popular choice for consumers who want to open a travel card without paying hundreds of dollars a year. With a $95 annual fee, it ranks as one of the best credit cards with annual fees under $100.
Now is a great time to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred since you can take advantage of earning 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. This bonus is the highest-ever for the Sapphire Preferred Card and worth up to $1,250 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards® or Pay Yourself Back since points are worth 25% more.
However you shouldn’t apply for a card just to earn the bonus. There are other factors to consider like the rewards rates and annual fee.
Since the Sapphire Preferred card no longer waives its $95 annual fee, you should decide whether it makes sense for you to open this card or opt for a no-annual-fee alternative. Also keep in mind that this card requires good to excellent credit, so not everyone will qualify.
Select breaks down the value of the card so you can decide if the $95 annual fee is worthwhile.
How to offset the Chase Sapphire Preferred annual fee
In order to offset the card’s $95 annual fee through rewards, spend a combined $4,750 on dining and/or travel each year. Since these two categories earn 2X points, it’s the fastest way to offset the fee with rewards. Otherwise, making purchases in a combination of 1X and 2X categories would require you to spend up to $9,500 annually to recoup the annual fee.
Sign up for complimentary DashPass
Another way to offset the fee for a year is to take advantage of the complimentary DashPass membership Sapphire cardholders receive. When you activate by December 31, 2021, you’ll get a minimum of one year for free, valued at roughly $120. This is more than enough to cover the $95 annual fee once.
Earn the welcome bonus
And if you like to look at the big picture, you can offset the annual fee for 10 years by earning the welcome bonus. The 100,000 points are worth $1,000 in statement credits that can go toward the annual fee.
All in all, the $95 annual fee can easily be offset just by using the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to pay for your everyday purchases. You can also recoup the fee by taking advantage of DashPass and the welcome bonus.