LEGO has officially announced the next set in the Modular Building line with the Police Station (10278). Releasing on January 1, the set has 2,923 pieces and will retail for $199.99. The set is designed by Chris McVeigh which is the first one he’s done for the line. Check out the details and more images of the set below.
• Age – 18+
• Model measures:
– Height: 37cm/14.5in.
– Width: 25cm/10in.
– Depth: 25cm/10in.
• 2,923 pieces
• Packed with clever design features and unexpected surprises, this LEGO Police Station (10278) model building kit is the perfect set for adults looking for a mindful project.
• With 2,923 pieces and 5 minifigures, the LEGO Police Station offers plenty to discover.
• Key details include a case board with authentic red lines connecting the clues, reel-to-reel recorder, jail cell, evidence locker and more.
• Ideal for true-crime fans and LEGO lovers alike, this building kit gives hours of enjoyment and a creative experience that will appeal to adults.
• This police station set is part of the LEGO Modular Buildings Collection of creative building sets designed for LEGO building fans who love stunning design, intricate details and elegant architecture.
• Price: 179.99 EU/199.99 US/299.99 AU/269.99 CAD
THREE-FLOOR POLICE STATION JOINS THE LEGO® MODULAR BUILDINGS COLLECTION
The LEGO Group has announced an amazingly detailed new addition to its Modular Buildings Collection with the unveiling of the LEGO Police Station.
Hiding a wealth of features behind its impressive facade, the eye-catching new model consists of three floors and a modular structure that allows LEGO fans to fully explore the intricate interiors and increase the building’s height.
Designed as a centrepiece to a bustling LEGO neighbourhood, the LEGO Police Station also comes complete with a donut shop brimming with sweet treats and a newspaper kiosk, as well as five minifigures including a 1940s-inspired police officer for ample storytelling possibilities.
Adding further architectural interest, the outside is decorated with brightly coloured awnings and ornate cornicing. The LEGO Police Station is fully compatible with other products from the LEGO Modular Buildings Collection and makes a striking display piece alongside these, as well as on its own.
The feature-packed floors of the LEGO Police Station are filled with secret surprises and delights for true-crime fans. On building the set, it soon becomes apparent that a mystery donut thief is on the loose. Naturally, the LEGO Police Station is fully equipped to tackle even the most sugary-sweet of crimes, with an evidence locker, jail cell, interrogation room and case board with red lines connecting all the clues.
Inside, all levels are connected by a grand staircase and are stocked with uniquely designed pieces including a billboard, telephone and a typewriter. The ultimate Easter Eggs and clues to solving the mystery of the Donut thief come in the form of a hidden escape route beneath the jail cell and a secret access route to the Donut shop.
Chris McVeigh designer at the LEGO Group commented: “We’ve had a lot of fun designing the LEGO Police Station. An architectural gem and treasure trove of quirky features, it’s the perfect place to start building your LEGO streetscape, or a brilliant addition to an existing one.”
Totaling 2,923 pieces, the LEGO Police Station is the latest addition to the LEGO Modular Buildings Collection which also includes the Bookshop, Assembly Square and Corner Garage. The LEGO Police Station will be available to purchase at LEGO.com and from LEGO Retail Stores from January 1st 2021.