- 1 (40 ounce) can cut yams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- Spray 1 quart baking dish with Pam.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Place 1/2 mixture in baking dish.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows, then add remaining mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining marshmallows.
- Turn oven to broil and move casserole to the upper middle rack. Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
Recipes #2 w/ pecans
- 1 ( 40 oz. can) yams, drained
- 1 ( 8 oz. can ) crushed pineapple and juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart-casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the yams and mash well. Drain the pineapple add the juice to the mashed yams. Add the brown sugar and the melted butter and mix well. Stir in the pineapple and the pecans.
- Spoon mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top. Bake approximately 10 more minutes or until the marshmallows begin to brown.