1. pork belly 600 g
2. small shallots 5 pcs
3. Garlic 5 (peeled) pcs
4. Soy sauce 100ml
5. Dark soy sauce 200ml
6. Water 1000ml
7. Rock sugar 1 tablespoon
*9. Star aniseed/anise (八角) 2/3 pcs – optional if you don’t like its taste
1. Minced the pork belly.
2. Heat wok and add in a small amount of oil. Throw in the finely-chopped shallots and fried till fragrant.
3. Add in the minced pork belly and stir-fry together.
4. When the pork belly is almost cooked, throw in the finely-chopped garlic, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and water.
5. Bring to boil. Add more water if necessary.
6. Add in the rock sugar and simmer.
7. Pour gravy over pipping hot white rice. Garnish with corianders and serve hot. Stir and mix the minced meat with the rice evenly and feast!