- 6 free range chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- First, gather all of the ingredients together.
- Now prepare the garlic and ginger by mincing each.
- Prepare the marinade by placing all of the ingredients in a bowl, barring the chicken thighs, and mixing together.
- Place the chicken thighs in the marinade and cover mix well.
- Place clingfilm on the bowl and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat your oven at 200C / 180C Fan.
- Now place the chicken and marinade into a suitably sized casserole dish and cook in the oven for 35 minutes being mindful to turn the chicken every 10 minutes.
- Once 35 minutes if up the chicken will be ready. However, if you like the honey it a little more caramelized then just leave it for a further 5-10 minutes.
- And that’s it. Wonderful fragrant and sweet Chinese chicken thighs. Serve with jasmine rice and you’ll have a true taste of Asia. Yum!
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tsp ginger , freshly grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine OR Mirin
- 1 – 3 tbsp Sriracha (adjust spiciness to taste)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How to bake Chicken Thighs in the Oven:
STEP ONE: First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Next, brush olive oil over the chicken thighs. Then combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the seasoning blend over both sides of the chicken thighs before placing them in the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: Finally, bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
What temp should Chicken Thighs be cooked to?
The internal temperature should read 165 degrees.